Beta 5 Availability Status

General discussion about Zancrunio
jthsoftware
Site Admin

Beta 5 Availability Status

Post by jthsoftware » Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm

UPDATE May 29, 2018 11:23 PM ET: Beta 5 is now published and available for all to play!

It is May 29, 2018 at 12:09 PM New York time as I type this.

Beta 5 was submitted to the Microsoft Store approx. an hour ago (or less).

It has now passed the verification phase, and has entered the publishing phase. From past experience, the publishing phase tends to take about 24 hours or less during weekdays. Once it is past that phase, then it should be possible to update Zancrunio to Beta 5 using the Microsoft Store app's update function.

The Beta 5 game server is currently running, so as soon as you get it, you should be able to play in online mode. The existing Beta 4 game server is also running, so you can continue to play Beta 4 online. I'll keep the Beta 4 server up for a reasonable amount of time.

Highlights of Beta 5 include:
- Redone stats on all levels, Monster Cubes, other team's NPC Cubes, items, abilities, everything.
- Level 1-3 Monster Cubes should be easier than before, while Level 4 and higher Monster Cubes should be more challenging.
- Level 4 and higher enemy cubes now cast Pi whenever it is off cooldown.
- Level 5 and higher enemy cubes have a powerful new ability called Flood (which is on a cooldown) which takes 4.5 seconds to cast, but deals a lot of damage! The Repair ability, potions, and good equipment will all come in handy!
- Added new level 6 Monster Cubes, including a level 6 boss cube that will drop a piece of equipment once you defeat it! You might need that piece of equipment to defeat the other team's king!
- Due to all this rebalancing, the stores no longer sell Red Rocks. Just normal rocks are the only kind available. If you still have Red Rocks in your bag from before, they just do the same damage as normal rocks.
- Due to the rebalancing, and to make things less overwhelming for new players: The Pi ability requires at least level 2, and the Charge ability requires at least level 3. By default for brand new players, only the Water, Repair, and Return abilities are placed on your action bar at first. When you reach level 2 or level 3, the game will automatically place the newly learned ability on your action bar if it isn't already on your action bar.
- Tooltips have descriptions.
- Much improved Character Select Screen.
- Support for touch screens and also playing without a keyboard (with just the mouse or touch screen).
- Move Pad feature for playing with just a mouse or touch screen. I can't remember if Move Pad was in Beta 4. Move Pad can be toggled on/off. It is off by default, except that if you're in tablet mode, it is on by default.
- In the Create Player window, there's now an on-screen keyboard for typing your name.
- Quests HUD looks better.
- The Charge ability is now a LOT less glitchy than it used to be. You and/or your target might still fall through the ground occasionally, but way less often than in Beta 4.
- New "Click to Move" feature (off by default). When toggled on, you can click a spot on the ground, and your character will go to that spot.
- New Return ability for returning to your spawn point.
- Probably some other things I forgot about.

jthsoftware
Site Admin

Re: Beta 5 Availability Status

Post by jthsoftware » Wed May 30, 2018 3:22 am

It's published!

jthsoftware
Site Admin

Re: Beta 5 Availability Status

Post by jthsoftware » Wed May 30, 2018 4:31 am

New Beta 5 gameplay video on my YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6yZiB7jQ78